I know that I’m not Oprah, but can’t an ordinary girl just list her favorite things for the year too? C’mon, just let me live in denial, at least for a couple days. Let me pretend that I too, have the “Oprah” influence :)! So here it goes…
1. Bliss Blood Orange + White Pepper Sugar Scrub*: Absolutely divine! The sugar granules effectively slough off the icky, flaky skin without being too abrasive. It also lathers up into a rich, dense foam and the blood orange fragrance is to die for…
2. Clarins Extra-Firming Body Care: I literally received this “bundle of joy” on my doorstep because I was nimble enough to sign up as one of the first 50 eligible contenders for Allure’s monthly freebies. Let me just say this – there are some creams that feel thick and seemingly moisturizing, but don’t be fooled, they just leave an oily film on the surface of your skin. Clarins’ Extra-Firming Body Cream is different, it ACTUALLY penetrates deep into the epidermis and my skin has never felt so soft. It was seriously love at first smear!
4. Shiseido eyelash curler: Sigh, this eyelash curler is such a classic and has been a favorite of mine for about a decade. They say old loves never die – and this is one of them. I highly recommend this eyelash curler especially for Asian eyes, (my eyelashes naturally point straight and downwards!), because it gives your lashes the instant (and long-lasting) lift needed for brighter, bigger eyes!
5. Carmex Lip Balm (the original Carmex jar): Lip balm is another tricky item – why? Because many just leave a waxy, oily film on your lips, but does NOTHING to moisturize! Carmex lip balm is different. Yes, it’s nothing fancy, but it WORKS. Even for super sensitive lips like Jane’s, this balm is the “bomb”! (Jane has been known to have one for every room in her place)
6. Guerlain Terracotta Kabuki Bronzing Brush: I went shopping with a dear friend in search for the perfect bronzing brush. My friend is SUPER finicky, so I was surprised that the Guerlain Kabuki brush even satisfied her impossibly high standards. The hairs are so dense yet soft, making bronzing application truly effortless! My sweetheart friend then went and bought me one for my bday… gotta love her!
7. Vichy Aqualia Antiox Anti-Fatigue Ice-Effect Eye Stick: In my product development days, a manufacturer once showed me a new formula with an extremely innovative texture – a balm that gives a cool, watery sensation. I was immediately hooked. Then I saw that Vichy came out with this formula texture for their eye balm – what a perfect fit! Hydrating and cool, the eye stick is extraordinarily refreshing. Plus, applying just the right amount underneath your delicate peepers has never been so easy!
8. MCOT Lychee Bloom tea: Blooming teas are just beautiful, aren’t they? In just a couple minutes, you see a ball of tea become a full bloom. My Cup of Tea, a Montreal-based tea company, offers their blooming teas in a range of flavors, but I would have to say that the Lychee bloom is my favorite.
9. Biotherm Reminerale Anti-aging Cream: As you can probably tell, I am a sucker for gorgeous textures. Biotherm Reminerale does not disappoint. Oops, is that considered a double negative? Anyway, you get what I’m trying to say. Instantly, my complexion looks dewy, radiant and silky smooth. Who doesn’t love that?
10. Voluspa Japonica Collection – Santiago Huckleberry Candle: The moment that we laid eyes on the gorgeous packaging, we had to pick it up. Take one whiff of their sweet, indulgent, exquisitely crafted fragrances, and you will find yourself opening your wallet before you even check the price tag.
- *I have worked on the development of this product during my employment at Bliss. Please note that I am not compensated by the company in any way to review the product. As always, my reviews reflect only my true and honest opinions. For more information, please take a look at the full disclaimer.